I've been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Vince Quek over at With Hope in My Heart - what an honour! Vince, who lives and works as a barista in beautiful Malaysia, was a fellow participant in the 2014 Big Blog Exchange and ended up being selected as one of the 16 winners - fantastic, right?! His kindness and sincerity made him a favourite among his fellow contestants, and I can't think of anyone more deserving of the once-in-a-lifetime trip to Argentina that he received as prize. Be sure to stop by his blog and say hi!
Along with the honour of accepting this blog award also comes the following responsibilities:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award;
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog;
- Share seven facts about yourself; and
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and duly inform them by commenting on their blogs.
Drumroll, then, for my seven facts:
- I have a severe case of wanderlust. Man, I yearn to see (more of) the world.
- I'm no house hen. Lock me in the house for a few days, and I'll go nuts. I need to get out every day - even if it's just for a quick drive (or run) around the block.
- I love water parks and am known to out-slide and -ride everyone in my family. (I suspect that Baby J will be giving me a run for my money soon, though - he's a real water baby!)
|I out-slide these two like a boss :) .|
- I hate driving on the open road during long road trips and am a super cautious driver.
- I'm a really vocal eater. If something tastes good, I'll hmmmm, oooohh and aaaahh non-stop until it's finished - good food needs to be celebrated! (Will is exactly the opposite, though: He'll sit down and eat the meal of his life without even blinking an eye. It drives me nuts!)
- I don't function well in severe heat. Ironic then that I live in one of South Africa's hottest towns, no?
- I have zero ball sense, which, of course, the male members of my family find extremely entertaining.
Life at Large: My Namibian cousin's blog on her adventures as a flyin', runnin', globe trottin' mama - she's amazing! (P.S.: She clocked her first ever sub-50 10 km this weekend, whoop! So, so proud!)
Striding Strong: If you're looking for excellent running advice from an equally excellent athlete, Hailey's blog is the place to go. She's fast as lightning and yet so humble and kind; plus she even got me to actually properly warm up before I race, haha! Go say hi!
Lulu's Big Adventure: Lisa is a fourth-year medical student from Canada and has visited more countries than I can name. She has a delightful sense of humour and adventure and her blog is an open, honest account of her adventures across the world. (Lisa is headed to South Africa as we speak - can't wait to go running with her...!)
Run with the Black Night: Stefano lives in beautiful Italy and is currently making a running comeback after a series of unfortunate events/accidents causing him to sit out for a while. His patience and perseverance is praiseworthy and although he'll only be running for fun in future, his passion for the sport is contagious.
Run for your life: Gordon Booth is a running octogenarian and a huge inspiration! He runs more miles than I do most weeks and does so in the beautiful English countryside. His lovely writing style and amazing pictures will have you returning to his blog again and again - go visit!
Have a lovely week, everyone!