Just a last few random 2014-related bits and bobs before we welcome the new year:
1. 2014 Running Dreams
I penned down three running dreams for 2014 (I guess in my then heavily pregnant state they seemed more like dreams than goals, ha!):
- To run one international race (in Namibia);
- To clock a half-marathon PR (preferably during the above-mentioned Namibian race); and
- To clock a sub-50 minute 10 km.
I'm thrilled to report that I nailed two out of three, clocking a 3+ minute half-marathon PR at the Fish River Half in Namibia in September. I guess that that leaves me with some unfinished business for 2015...!
2. Pregnancy Weight Loss Update
Remember how I promised that I'd let you know when I got rid of all the pregnancy weight? Well, I finally did... yesterday! And it took me a whole year and 18 days - phew! I did it through eating a healthy, balanced diet (including the occasional piece of dark chocolate) and regular exercise (no fad dieting for this mama, thanks) and couldn't be prouder. Whoop!
|With the fam. (I'm third from the right, next to the hunk in the dark blue shirt.)|
3. The Best of Running the Race in 2014
I always find it so interesting to see which posts do well on the blog. Much to my delight it's often the ones where I just sat down and shared a story like I would with a friend over a
cup of coffee Chia Charge smoothie - I love that! Because that's exactly why I blog: To share stories with friends. Here are 2014's three most popular posts:
- Will's Quest for a sub-3 Argus: Take Four (This post literally got thousands of hits more than any of the other posts that I published in 2014. Come on, Will, the entire Internet is rooting for you!);
- Running isn't for monkeys (This post is all about the picture - I still giggle when I look at it...!);
- Sorry, Madam... (After the untimely death of my running watch, I asked you guys for suggestions for a replacement. You said to go with what my heart really, really wanted, and I did - I got the Garmin Forerunner 220. It's now seven months later and I'm still in love with it!)