The first annual SA Running Sock Swap, held during December 2013, was a huge success! Here's a quick overview:
- Runners from two countries (SA and Namibia) participated in the swap.
- Runners from five of SA's nine provinces participated: Gauteng, Free State, Mpumalanga, KwaZulu-Natal and the Western Cape.
- The Western Cape took the lead, with roughly 33% of all participants residing in this province.
- Female participants outnumbered male participants by 5:1...
- 92% of all parcels were sent off by the cut-off date of 10 December 2013.
- 100% of all parcels were sent off by 12 December 2013.
Thanks again to everyone who participated - I hope you had as much fun as I did! A special thanks to my sock swap partner - my parcel of happiness was waiting for me when I returned home from hospital and definitely brought a huge smile to my face. I can't wait to start using my goodies!
Here's to an even bigger and better swap in 2014!