2013 wasn't a stellar running year for me (in other departments it most definitely was!), seeing that I was pregnant for 9 out of the 12 months... There were, however, some definite stand-out running moments, which I thought I'd share with you:
1. A new (single) stroller PR for K and me at our very first 5 k race of the year: We clocked a 24:37! Whoop whoop! I love that we can now chase this PR with the double stroller once J is a bit older... :)
|Pre-race, just before clocking our PR.|
2. Almost clocking a solo 10 k PR at the 2013 Bloem Fun Walk and Run. Missing that PR (and a sub-50!) was disappointing, but this race showed me that, with the right training and focus, I will be able to dip under 50 minutes for a 10 k. Watch this space in 2014 :) .
|Juuuuust missing that PR.|
3. The 2013 Highlands Trout Mountain Challenge in the Kingdom of Lesotho. This was not only a 2013 highlight for me, but a lifetime one! Lesotho is breathtakingly beautiful, the race was a huge challenge and sharing this memory with Will and K was just priceless. This was International Race No. 3 for me, making it even more special, plus I finished in the Top 10 ladies. Awesome, awesome memory.
|Running the Malutis!|
4. My all-time favourite race pic was captured during the NGK Universitas 10 k - my first 10 k race with K and the stroller. Special times with my favourite girl.
|Special times with K.|
5. And last, but not least, I ran my first and only race as a pregnant mama during 2013 (we also did a number of 5 k fun run/walks during the latter part of the year, but this was the only race where I actually ran from start to finish while pregnant). It was a tough, slow 10 kays for me, but I'll always cherish it as my very first race with Baby J.
|About 1.5 months pregnant with Baby J.|
What a blessed year in the running department, despite not being able to run for a big part of the year - so thankful!
What were your favourite running memories/moments of 2013?